“Last click attribution is the worst because you’re basically giving credit to the last person so someone is able to fully steal attribution…if there’s multiple steps along the journey, someone is coming to essentially hijack a piece of it, they’re cutting down on revenue as an influencer that is sending traffic to that brand.” – Geoff Stupay
At the start of his career, Geoff began in the ad tech industry, after monetising his music hosting website, where he learned to optimise ad placements for maximum revenue without harming the user experience. From there, he made his mark on the industry by starting Adiply.com, which helped publishers increase their overall yield through ad placement optimisation. And secondly, Lanista Concepts which offered a SaaS product to boost ad yield through header building. His most recent venture is clean.io which is a digital engagement platform that offers businesses the tools to protect their website from unwanted discount codes at checkout.
JOIN OUR HOST, ROBERT TADROS IN CONVERSATION WITH GEOFF STUPAY ON HOW COUPON GIANTS ARE AFFECTING E-COMMERCE BUSINESSES AND HOW TO NAVIGATE THE CHALLENGES OF RUNNING A SOFTWARE BUSINESS.
The conversation covers:
The conversation covers:
- Intro to Geoff Stupay (1:39)
- All about clean.io (2:45)
- Protecting the eCommerce space (3:55)
- Domination of online coupon giants (8:53)
- Raising awareness about the ecosystem (11:30)
- Last click attribution (14:11)
- What’s on the horizon for clean.io (15:10)
- Facing the challenges of running a software business (17:40)
- How to align your departments and share the same vision (19:35)
- How to deal with failure (25:35)
- Future plans for clean.io (27:50)
- Overcoming the challenges of educating an unaware market (29:53)
- Partnering with agencies (33:59)
- clean.io’s ideal customer profile (37:20)
“It’s always been a struggle in terms of managing different personalities and how you get everyone growing the same way…creating a unified vision and repeating yourself to ad nauseam has been the key to success for me, and also transparency.” – Geoff Stupay on managing a successful business
Tune in as Geoff speaks about how coupon giants are impacting many businesses’ profit margins, stealing last click attribution, and how clean.io is providing the tools to protect them. He chats about the challenges in raising awareness about his niche business solution in the market, as well as how he manages his software company.